Wednesday 26 May 2010

Tuesday - The Last One

This is the last Tuesday before deadline... we had the room - which was AWESOME. I thought I'd see more Pirates in considering they have .... a total of about 1 shot rendered... just good ol' Tom working hard away on almost everything. Gotta credit that guy - he's done great things this year. Today Sam, Ferhan, myself, Stu and Josh pretty much dominated our 3rd Year room which was sweet. Managed to get a fair bit done personally. I think Stu needed to be a bit more on the ball with what he's doing... I don't want to baby sit ya Stu ... get your shots rendered - find a comp and get cracking on it. Someone mentioned after (I'm not going to name names...) that he'd been playing either games or on Facebook ... everything BUT Maya/AE for about half an hour.... If you need helping out Stu ... just shout. I'd be happy to give you a hand every now and again... but you gotta grab a comp with Vanguard access... set up the lights and get those shots out for compositing. I'm happy with the progress Spencer has made... at least he's coming in but it would be slightly more helpful if he could render a few shots and find the directories that he needs rather than us pointing them out each time and setting them up... I haven't got enough time in the day to mask the entire 3min Film to the quality I would like... For the degree show I should be able to have some nice bits done to a good standard I hope . Anyway... enough blogging for now. I got Gnomes stuff to crack on with.

Also.
I've almost finished compositing my lengthly animation (character) mov together... in total so far - with three versions of each - its LONG and I keep finding bits I've tweaked and altered in other shots but I'm leaving some out as I didn't play a major part in the animation in that shot. I've been giving advice and pointers to people all throughout the project and more verbal feedback more than anything - a LOT to Ferhan as he is always in as well as Sam when he was animating, I hope it shows in their work - and in mine.

No comments:

Schedule