Thursday 20 May 2010

Progress and work ethics

Josh has now realised how tedius this task is - setting up the lighting in each and everyshot is a mission and the texture files need to be altered in an attempt to get ANY render out at all. I'm glad he is now more ablidged to help, Sam, myself and Ferhan setting up renders. I think this is Sarahs problem she is having currently but she appears to not be listening to what I have to say which is a shame - EACH TEXTURE OF leaf being loaded is 4000x4000 meaning how ever many leaves you have (lets say 40) 40 x 1600 PIXELS = 64,000 pixels on TEXTURES on LEAVES... as well as poly count etc could really weigh down the college computers - they aren't that good.

Kai's audio I heard for the first time yesterday and I was happy with it - personally there are a couple of sounds I would alter but they will do for now. I think I would like to grab the SFX hard drive tomorrow or early next week just as a back up incase either Kai runs off out of the blue or falls ill .... or we need to alter something last minute. Stewart has nearly finished his animations now which is a load off of my mind as I was beginning to have doubts if he could do so many.

Ferhans mate from last years 3rd Year have been overseeing some of his animations while he has been working as well which is good to get some instant feedback from someone who isn't weighed down with work.

I'm still a bit worried about the textures getting shot up as Spencer is not UVing the Pirates ship which he basically said it just wont get done in time for the deadline... the idea was that as bullets come through, the room looks slightly more shot up... with holes appearing.... textures... on different objects eg... couch.... table... either way I'm going to have to see what happens early next week about this. I mentioned it to him the other day... must remember to mention it again!

I think we have finally got most the animations done now... which is good news obviously. There are a few still lingering around but they are generally the easy ones. I have done all but one now... and I am currently working on the Gnomes Explode for SV.

I had to tweak Josh's animation with the Blinds as well as the characters movement as well... its still not great but I didn't want to have to re-work the whole thing. Preview below.
Things changed - the FOOT behind moves now rather than being totally static - the fingers are animated... the blinds move/swing as they have just been dropped... the blinds break for the character to look out of.


No comments:

Schedule