Tuesday 20 April 2010

Got a TIGHT deadline

At the moment team Whack'd are attempting to meet the Thursday Deadline for Rave Live submissions.
So far I've done One out of the three shots I need to do. Have not yet rendered any mind you- Shouldn't take too long to render them but still... will be nice to have a few in the bag - I think I might go back and re-render the starting shot again attempting to get it better at a later date however this will be ok for a trailer I think :)
I'm happy the way I've picked up the animation again - I believe I'm getting better an better at it all the time and I'm getting more and more keen on it. Originally I was a lil sketchy as I didn't really understand it but as mentioned previously - I some how remember all that Dan Dalli, Mike, and Jared have taught me in year 1 and 2 of animation and I think it's beginning to pay off ... I hope. Either that or Dan D and Mike are going to read this and say - well he clearly hasn't because his animation is **** ... but hey - I'm getting better I feel. Can't wait to do a bit more.
The group - Josh and Sam were having issues with the hitmans wrists as well as the briefcase - for my shot I parented the case to the wrist - however they want to remove this parent. They couldn't seem to figure it out. Wasn't too difficult to figure out and Josh managed to after a few hours of playing and giving up and playing again I hear. I'm glad he managed to do it on his own :) Sam I phoned and spoke he through it and said it would literally take like 2 mins. The group need to use the Outliner more. It all makes sense in there (most my files do anyway). In the end I left a new Hitman with the briefcase OPEN ready to take parts out on the ADrive for the group in the correct folder. On top of that I posted a help tutorial kinda thing for the guys describing how to use the briefcase etc.


Website
I keep having to stop and do other bits and bobs ... admin styleeee - website stuff. Got most of the 100 words now but have given up chasing them and left them for Double D to run after. I have now sent out an e-mail requesting images from peoples bloggers and told them useful info about what to put on project pages / personal pages. I gave them a deadline of the 3rd May - so that its not TOO late it'll interfer with their other deadlines.
I still need to hunt down Max - but I know hes got Rave Live to organise as he's head of online - this is for the heads at the top of the page - its not user friendly as of yet - eg you can't navigate without changing the address in the 'www.' section :p. Not entirely sure how difficult it would be to alter the site with the heads- could be a copy and paste job from moving image/graphics and then altering images and links to pages in the HTML - which I'm getting quite quick with now....


Dan Dalli requested that I take out Dummy off the Animation screen .... easily done - already changed after a few hours. The page still exists - just the link will hidden away for now.

Other
We had a fundraiser yesterday and again managed to raise a fair bit of cash.... we currently have £100 in pound coins.... + a fair amount of notes (not guna say how much) We did quite well yesterday however I think we couldn't have sold many more - 18 dozen ... is about our limit I think guys! lol. Thanks to all that helped out - Simon and Sam especially.
Need to get on the ball with the degree show list asap now. Have been letting that one slide for a long time. I may ask Simon to give me a hand with it - I think he's helping render for PO atm so if he could do some degree show stuff - take the burden off me would be helpful... I assume you'll read this Si :D you lil blog-watcher.


In general - I'm feeling a little better about it all now - maybe my brain is blocking all the important deadlines we've got coming up... or maybe I'm just being ignorant in thinking things are going smoothly - most likely.

No comments:

Schedule