Tuesday 16 March 2010

Group progress

Our teams still getting on well. Got Spence on the case for Uving now for the Hitman as Splay and PO aren't currently using him. Lewis has come up with some great short bits of animation for the team as well as some AWESOME music so thanks for that Lewis!! Other than that Josh has altered the characters (as we might be having a close up on the hitmans foot) and he's now proceeded on to texturing some of the characters hes modelled! I'm really happy with his models he's made they fit really well with the style in which Sam initially set. Ferhan has been rigging, rigging and re-rigging again and again getting used to painting weights. Hes getting better and better all the time though so good job there - I'll have to remind him to do other bits and bobs if he keeps doing this though as we all have three folders to fill! He's just started to animate so hopefully he can crack on with some quality tests early on. Stewart is finishing his rifles and motel hopefully by the end of this week ready for texturing by Spence, himself or anyone really. Sam and I had a crack at the animatic over the weekend however I don't think he finished his so we are waiting until Wednesday now (tomorrow) to talk about them both. Two different versions with two different ideas. May be good but then again it may be bad. I already know there are a number of shots I would happily use from his in my version - I just hope he found some pieces in my (almost a minute longer) version useful. As for myself - I am laying out UVs currently. I'm not a 2D artist unfortunately but I'll give it a crack. I really need a texture artist to give me a hand but as I said - I'll never give up :p for longer than a day or so. I just keep coming back for more even if Maya does beat me down over and over again. I've got to grips with the laying out of the Uv's pretty quickly luckily. I'm also spending an hour a day animating ready for those final rigs to be completed.
One thing I've always stuck to at work and ALWAYS as a team player - only ask others to do something you wouldn't mind doing yourself - if you don't want to do it coz it's a sucky job chances are they don't either. I don't mind getting my hands dirty in any process of this animation and I think most the team would stand right beside me too - whether it animation, lighting or texturing.
To sum it all up - our teams moving along - some slower than others but we're getting there.

No comments:

Schedule