Tuesday 23 March 2010

2nd Years

Today Sam, Stu and I pitched to the second years. It went ok and we seemed to get a fair bit of interest from the guys. Sam and I had a look at the blogs of all the 2nd years that were on our list. We've got a number of good ones but then again just because they wrote their names down it doesn't mean that they will be willing to work for Whack'd tomorrow. We also managed to catch a glimpse of our degree show website today in the making. Looks quite nice and easy to navigate and easy to understand. Theres a place for our showreels as well as teaser work coming up! quite excited about that actually :)
Back to the second years. I think we might be using some for texturing due to the sheer amount we have to do. Sam and I have discussed it already but not with the entire group. Spence - I'm not sure if he knows however Sam has more contact with him than I do - one of the benefits of two directors. Tomorrow I'm going to bring in my PS3 and test the 'Games Night' Fundraiser we have planned. Hopefully it will work but I MUST REMEMBER THAT!!! ARgh lol
So Team Whack'd now has a group e-mail to send promo work to clients later on in the term as well as teasers. e-mail us at
teamwhackd@hotmail.com and one of us will get back to you. :) I'm starting to look forward to the degree show now - and I still can't wait to animate with our very own characters :D rockwell is annoying and old now considering he isn't ours. Having something that you are part of as a large group is great saying - we all made that. To be honest I feel that I've had the least to do with the characters even though I keep saying change this and change I havn't felt in the loop too much when it came down to the modelling. The blend shapes Ferhan sent to me a few times and I gave him some pointers which was good. Ah...render is done.
Am currently doing texture tests 01 - 03. they aren't going great however these are the presets that Maya give you.... these are not what I planned but I just thought I'd have a go .... and no. Right....*cracks knuckles* LETS GET GOING!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Schedule