Thursday 7 January 2010

Global Domination....

ermmm... Illumination I Mean. Global Illumination!



From the image above its apparent I was getting Photons where I didn't want them. I decided to dig a lil deeper rather than giving up. I found that it was due to the amount of sides there were in that area. The Directional light would obviously be effecting this throughout the scene - especially if they are on the other side of the wall like they are - poor modelling from me yes however I figured it wouldn't make a difference. I may go and fix this problem and try again. The Photons gather in this area and would rather fix it and understand it slightly better rather than flee and say Maya beat me again... Maya has too many victories for my liking these days... and I WILL put a stop to that! Below is an image of all the Photons location in the scene. Quite a few huh? Its clear to see the build up.





The shadows just weren't working.. they were much too harsh and therefore I fixed it in the image below.















Accuracy down to 1 ... not the best plan of action but I was curious as to what it would do... this was the result. Could be good for Ponds and water however not really too useful in this project unfortunately.





No comments:

Schedule